IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2018: Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) has released notification for the 7275 posts of clerks in various banks. Candidates can apply online from 18.09.2018 to 10.10.2018.
- IMPORTANT DATES
- VACANCIES – BANKWISE & STATEWISE
- APPLICATION FEE
- HOW TO APPLY
- EXAM PATTERN & SYLLABUS
The exam will be completed in two phases – Preliminary and Mains. As per the notification, IBPS is going to conduct IBPS Clerk Prelims exam on 8th, 9th, 15th, & 16th December 2018 in multiple shifts.
This year IBPS has introduced a major change by adding sectional timings to the Prelims phase.
IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2018: Important Dates
IBPS Clerk 2018 Vacancies
State wise and Bank wise vacancies of IBPS Clerk 2018 for 19 Banks are as following :
IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2018 Eligibility
- The minimum qualification required for the post of the clerk is graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.
- The candidate must possess valid Mark-sheet / Degree Certificate that he/ she is a graduate on the day he / she registers and indicate the percentage of marks obtained in Graduation while registering online.
- Computer Literacy: Operating and working knowledge in computer systems is mandatory i.e. candidates should have Certificate /Diploma /Degree in computer operations /Language/ should have studied Computer / Information Technology as one of the subjects in the High School /College /Institute.
- Proficiency in the Official Language of the State/UT (candidates should know how to read/ write and speak the Official Language of the State/UT) for which vacancies a candidate wishes to apply is preferable.
Age Limit (as on 01.09.2018)
This means that the candidate should not be born before 02.09.1990 and nor after 01.09.1998, where both the dates are inclusive.
Relaxation in Upper age limit
For detailed eligibility, you can go through official notification (link is provided below).
IBPS Clerk 2018 Application Fee
Application Fees/ Intimation Charges Payable from 18.09.2018 to 10.10.2018 (Online payment), both dates inclusive, shall be as follows
- ₹ 100/- for SC/ST/PWD/EXSM candidates.
- ₹ 600 /- for all others
How to Apply for IBPS Clerk 2018
- Download the instruction and read it carefully.
- Go to Online Application.
- Register yourself – click on CLICK HERE FOR NEW REGISTRATION, fill the particulars and receive provisional Registration No. and Password.
- Keep these things ready before filling the form :
- Photograph (recent, clored with light background) – 200 x 230 pixels (preferred), 20 – 50 kb in jpeg format
- Signature (with blank ink on white paper) – 140 x 60 pixels (preferred), 10 – 20 kb in jpeg format
- Left Thumb Impression (with blank or blue ink on white paper) – 240 x 240 pixels (preferred), 20 – 50 kb in jpeg format
- Self hand written declaration (with blank ink on white paper) – 800 x 400 pixels, 50 – 100 kb in jpeg format.
- ( Read ANNEXURE III of the Notification carefully for Guidelines on scanning and Upload of Documents)
- Log in with User Id and Password provided by IBPS after registration.
- Fill the form carefully. After successful submission of form the candidate will receive acknowledgement message on his or her email and Mobile No.
- The payment can be made by using Debit Cards ( RuPay/ Visa/ Master Card/ Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets .
- Candidate should take out the print of e-receipt generated after successful completion of the transaction.
IBPS Clerk 2018 Structure of Examination
IBPS Clerk Recruitment Exam 2018 will be completed in following stages –
- Preliminary Examination
- Mains Examination
IBPS Clerk 2018 Preliminary Examination
- Preliminary Examination as usual will be conducted online and the paper will be objective type consisting multiple type questions for 100 marks.
- This year IBPS has introduced sectional timings in the Prelims phase i.e each section will have separate duration one after another. Candidates have to attempt the paper accordingly.
- Candidates have to qualify in each of the three tests by securing minimum cut-off marks to be decided by IBPS.
- Adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by IBPS depending upon requirements will be shortlisted for Online Main Examination.
IBPS Clerk 2018 Mains Examination
The IBPS Clerk Mains Examination has 4 sections each with separate duration and separate marks with a total score of 200 marks and total duration of 160 minutes.
The number of questions, maximum marks and time duration for completing the multiple sections are different. So, candidates should be careful about these factors while preparing and writing the exam
Penalty for Wrong Answers
(Applicable to both – Preliminary and Main examination)
There will be penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate one fourth of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score. If a question is left blank, i.e. if no answer is marked by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
- The corrected scores obtained by each of the candidates in different sessions (if held) will be normalized using equi-percentile method.
- Scores up to two decimal points shall be taken for the purpose of calculations
- Each candidate will be required to obtain a minimum score in each test of Online Main Examination and also a minimum total score to be considered for further process.
- Depending on number of the State/ UT wise vacancies available, cut-offs will be decided and candidates will be considered for provisional allotment.
MARKS OBTAINED IN THE MAIN EXAMINATION ONLY WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR FINAL MERIT LISTING.
IBPS is an autonomous body for hiring banking staffs on behalf of public sector banks.
Check detailed notification: IBPS CLERK RECRUITMENT 2018 Official Notification.